MANNERISMS OF AN INTERVIEW



*There are 3 Mannerisms of an Interview schedule* :

a. Personal Introduction
b. Extempore
c. Group Discussion.

1. Personal Introduction :

  • Greet - Good morning/afternoon/evening Sir or Ma'am
  • Name - Myself Mr. Manish Sharma
  • Age - I am 24years old.
  • Residence - I reside at Bandra.
  • Family Background - I belong to a nuclear/joint family constisting of 6 members including me. My father is retired, used to work in the Armed forces. My mother is a homemaker. I have 5 siblings.
  • Educational Qualification - I have completed my graduation in commerce in 2008.
  • Extra Qualification - Apart from this I have done travel and tourism course and also have a diploma in computer science.
  • Hobbies - My hobbies are reading, music, painting and playing tennis.
  • Previous Work Experience - I have worked with M/S ( messus ) Maruti Ltd as an executive for 1 year.
    Or Though I am a fresher, I am confident, hard working, punctual, honest and target oriented person. If I get selected today I will prove my ability to the best
  • Closing Script - For this time being this is all about me.
    ______________________________

    2. Extempore : A speech which is said without any previous preparation is an extempore. It is asked to check your confidence and also to check how good you are as a speaker. To check your thought process extempore is conducted during an interview which can be of any random subject.

    How to do an extempore -

    1. Greet
    2. Thank you for allowing me to speak on this topic and my topic is ...!
    3. Brief - Speak for atleast 2 minutes.
    4. Closing Script - For this time being this all about ...!

    Or for unknown topic - But unfortunately I don't have any idea on the given topic. By your permission can I get another topic so that I can speak on the next given topic.

    Things to be taken care of :

    (a). No fillers like aaa, I mean, hmm etc or pauses.
    (b). Donot hesitate.
    (c). No gramatical errors.
    (d). Go slow.
    (e). No mother tongue influence.
    (f). Speak atleast for 2 minutes.
    (g). Link the topic to the topic given to you.
    ______________________________

    3. Group Discussion - A GD is conducted to check your confidence, how good you are as a listener and how good you are as a team player.

    Things to be taken care of :

    (a). Donot interupt anyone while speaking.
    (b). No gramatical errors.
    (c). Go slow.
    (d). Be positive.
    (e). Donot point finger.
    (f). No dialogues.
    (g). No personal comments.
    (h). Everyone has to speak once or twice.
    (i). Donot divert from the topic.
    (j). Listen to others carefully.
    (k). Donot ask questions.
    (l). Donot agree or disagree.